Open Day 2021
Achieving Excellence Beyond Belief
October Open Day
Each year in October we look forward to welcoming prospective students and their parents/guardians to our annual Open Day. This is an excellent occasion on which to showcase the hard work and talent of our students and their teachers and to share the vast range of opportunities, both academic, vocational and extra-curricular, afforded by our school. We want to ensure that all families are able to make informed choices concerning the next steps in their child(ren)’s education journey.
Whilst we are all enjoying the relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions in school, we have been advised by the DfE, the local authority and Public Health England that we cannot hold our Open Day activities in the usual way, and we are committed to ensuring that the event is as COVID safe for all of our students, staff and visitors, as possible.
We have therefore implemented the following arrangements to allow our Open Day to proceed:
• The school will be open from 9.30am – 3.00pm, Saturday 2nd October 2021.
• 15 appointments will be available during each 15-minute period, from 9.30am until 2.30pm to avoid overcrowding.
• Appointments must be booked online via Eventbrite, using the following link, which will go live at 6.00pm on 16th September 2021 and close at 12 noon on Thursday 30th September:https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/open-day-for-prospective-students-parentsguardians-tickets-172141759637
Please note that we do have to limit spaces, due to Covid-19, so bookings will be on a first come, first served basis. Proof of booking will be required on entry.
• Each ticket will allow entry for 1 child accompanied by 1 adult.
• There will not be any formal presentations throughout the day, to avoid large gatherings of people, please see the videos that provide all of the information that we would usually share. This will allow opportunities for parents/guardians to ask questions of the Senior Leadership Team, or specific subject staff, on the day.
• The self-guided tours of the school will be limited to the ground floor and outside spaces only, to avoid the use of enclosed staircases.
• There will be limited numbers of current students on site, to reduce exposure, and all staff will wear face coverings/shields.
• Hand sanitisers will be stationed across the site and all doors and windows will be open to allow proper ventilation. Regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
• We would advise the use of face coverings and would ask that, where possible, all visitors take a lateral flow test prior to attending.
Inevitably these restrictions will mean that the activities on display will not be as interactive as we would like, and we regret that there will not be any opportunity to talk to our current students. We do hope, however, that the combination of online information and discussions with staff as you look around our school and see the excellent facilities, will help you to understand our values and what we can offer to your child(ren) as they progress though our school.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday 2nd October and to working with you and your child(ren) over the coming years.
*Please be aware that the data contained within this promotional video is from 2019-2020. For the most up to date achievement data, please see the table below (2020-2021 academic year).
Appointments must be booked online via Eventbrite, using the following link, which will go live at 6.00pm on 16th September 2021 and close at 12 noon on Thursday 30th September: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/open-day-for-prospective-students-parentsguardians-tickets-172141759637